As an independent stylist, barber, esthetician, or nail tech, you know that time = money. So, it shouldn’t surprise you that the best way to increase your profits is to stop wasting so much of it. Things like rude clients, phone calls, Instagram DMs, rescheduling, and bookkeeping get in the way of making the money you deserve.
On average, stylists waste more than ten hours a week on various tasks. Imagine how many appointments you could fill with those extra ten hours. So, how do you get your time back? You get a scheduling app and get your business online. Online scheduling and business management apps like StyleSeat do the busy work for you so you can focus on delivering great services and getting paid.
Here are five ways StyleSeat can help you own your schedule and make more money:
Clients Book Their Own Appointments
- Your service menu is online. Clients can look through your services, read the descriptions, and get pricing information so you can stop wasting time answering inquiries.
- Clients book themselves. With a scheduling app, you won’t have to schedule a single appointment — no phone calls, texts, or DMs. Once you share your appointment schedule online, clients can find a time that works for them, put a credit card on file, and book an appointment. You get a notification once the appointment is booked and all you have to do is show up and work your magic.
- You get bookings 24/7. Allowing clients to book and reschedule 24/7 means you never miss out on the opportunity for a booking — meaning no more phone tag, no more full inboxes.
- With StyleSeat Payments, clients can pay at the touch of a button. With a saved credit card on file, check-outs are quick and painless. All clients have to do is tip and sign and you can ditch the glitchy swiper.
- Access detailed reports. See a breakdown of your daily, monthly, and yearly sales, deposits, and transactions — no need to manually keep track.
No-Show and Late Protection
- You get paid when clients don’t show up. The average stylist faces 1-2 no-shows a week. For some, that can add up to nearly $5,000 a year. Bottom line, clients who don’t respect your time are a waste of money. With a no-show late cancellation policy through StyleSeat, clients are required to enter a credit card when they book. You choose how strict your policy is and when clients don’t show up, you get paid for your time.
- Clients respect your time. Late clients throw off your schedule, they make you rush through appointments, and they make you look unprofessional. Enforcing a late cancellation fee not only ensures you are paid for wasted time, but it also teaches clients to take your business seriously.
- You can block bad clients. With the client notes tool, you can track how often clients no-show or show up late. If a client is chronically late, they’re a waste of money and you can block them from booking with you with our block client tool.
- Lock in clients for multiple appointments. Clients are busy too and they don’t always remember to book appointments when they need them. If you have clients who visit you regularly, you can book recurring appointments for them.
Boost Your Image + Raise Your Prices
- Get more reviews. When you’re running a business on your own, building a great reputation is key. Most clients these days won’t even consider booking with a stylist who doesn’t have an impressive list of positive reviews. StyleSeat makes it easy to get the reviews you need to build your brand. After each appointment, StyleSeat automatically sends your clients a receipt that includes a link to leave a review. Reviews are displayed on your business profile for potential clients to read. Check out these tips for getting clients to leave reviews.
- You raise your prices. When you boost your image, train clients to respect your time, and start to fill your schedule on a regular basis, you can finally raise those prices.
- Go above and beyond your clients’ expectations. In the digital age, convenience is important to clients. With a scheduling app, they can book outside of business hours, they can book from their phone, and they get automatic appointment reminders.
Why Pros Love StyleSeat
See what our pros who are already maximizing their schedule with StyleSeat have to say:
“StyleSeat increased my income by roughly 32% It gave me back a lot of time because I didn’t have to be on the phone all the time and clients stopped missing their appointments like they used to before I used the app.”
“Love this app, wish more of my people used it for scheduling appointments. I think I’ve been spoiled!”
— Jewlz Caracas
“Way easier and more secure than calling in or hoping you were penciled in correctly. You know exactly what you will be getting.”
— Jocelyn Thomas
Stop wasting time and start making money with StyleSeat. And for more business tips, check out the following articles: